Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

S.L.J

yesterday ther was a acid storm at my house i was staying with my friends and family i was scared i didn't know what was happening we stayed inside all day the next day it was over we got up and the rain had stoped so we got all our things togeather like drink bottles shoes and all the esentalls you would need to have on a walk when i opened the door my mouth opened so wide i could eat a dog whole  right infrount of me was acid every where it would be knee hight and there were no trees in sight i didn't know what to say we went back in side. the next day the acid had gone i got my family and frineds to geather and we went to the shop and brought tones of plants we spent the next week planting plants soon there were lots of trees and grass again. but there were still parts of papakura that were treeless so we did the same planting plants so that we can have lots more freash air.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emma
    Great to see that you are blogging lots! An interesting story you have written especially about the importance of planting trees so that we can have fresh air. Trees also help the survival of supporting wildlife as well.

    I look forward to reading more of your blogs. Keep it up.

    Mrs P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Emma!

    Well done for completing this SLJ activity, 'Let it Rain' and for writing a wonderful short story about what happened to you after the acid rain storm. It's good to hear that you had support from friends and family, and good thing you were staying with them- I can't imagine being alone in a scary situation like that!
    It's good to hear that once the acid rain storm had stopped, you all gathered your essential things together. Hahaha, your comment made me laugh out loud: "my mouth opened so wide I could eat a dog whole"— I have never heard this expression before! I'm curious, do you mean a big dog or a small dog?
    Things can be quite confronting when they're right in front of you, can't they? I really appreciate how you've chosen to end this short story, planting trees is such an optimistic turn for the story and you're right, plants help to give us fresh air! Good thinking, Emma :)

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about